2020 WARRADALE FC
SUMMER SOCCER COMPETITION
The Fulton Hogan 2020 Warradale FC Summer Soccer Competition!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Ages under 6 and under 7 will have a maximum of 4 players and a minimum of 3 players on the field at any one time. Sharing of players if teams are short is encouraged as this is non-competition
2. Ages under 8, under 9, under 10 and under 11 will have a maximum of 5 players on the field at any one time including the goalkeeper. You will need a minimum of 3 players to play the match and the sharing of players if teams are short is encouraged as this is non-competition
3. Ages under 12s through to seniors will have a maximum of 6 players including goalkeeper and teams are permitted to play with a minimum of 4 players. If a team has less than 4 players then that team will forfeit the match. An exhibition match will then be considered between the teams to ensure a match is played which will be left to the teams discretion however will not count as a result and team that is winner by forfeit will receive 3 points.
4. If a team aged under 6 to under 11 inclusive has less than 3 players at the commencement of the match the referee shall not continue with the match and allowing 10 minutes from the scheduled kick off time the referee should then abandon the match. As this is non-competition a friendly match will be encouraged by the parents attending. In all other age groups from under 12 and above if a team cannot field the minimum number of players, the referees shall wait 10 minutes from the scheduled kick off and if they have still not been able to field their minimum players, the referee shall abandon the match and the team that failed to field the correct number of players shall forfeit the match.
5. In competition matches a team may borrow only 2 players from another team. If they borrow any more than 2 players, they can still play the match, but the match will be forfeited to the other team.
6. All match balls will be supplied by Warradale FC. All match balls to be returned to the referee at the conclusion of the match.
7. All junior matches from under 6 AND Under 7 will 2 x 10 minute halves
8. All junior matches from under 8 up to U11 will play 2 x 12-minute halves.
9. U12 to U16 will play 2 x 15-minute halves.
10. All senior matches will play 2 x 20 minute periods.
11. In all age groups there will be a 5 minute break for half time. The referee will control the start and end of each half of football with his or her whistle.
12. Official referees from NRG will be appointed to referee matches for under 8s – senior age groups. If for some reason there are no available referees from NRG for these matches then Warradale FC shall appoint a volunteer from within the club to officiate the match
13. Referees for the u6-u7 age groups shall be encouraged to be volunteers from the parents however Warradale FC will also attempt to utilise committee members to officiate the match if committee members are available
14. The points per match for competitive matches are: Win = 3 points, Loss = 0 points, Draw = 1 point.
15. If a match is washed out, we will attempt to have the match replayed. If that cannot occur each team will receive 1 point and no goals awarded.
16. If a match is abandoned the team that has not breached the laws will be awarded 3 points for the win and 3 goals
17. If a match is abandoned due to a venue malfunction or player injury that requires an ambulance to attend, the matter will be referred to the Administrative team for adjudication. Their decision is final.
18. If a match is forfeited the team that they were playing will be awarded 3 points for the win and 3 goals
19. If for whatever reason, there is a bye due to insufficient teams the non-offending team is awarded 0 points
20. Interchange can occur at any time in the match with the referees’ permission.
21. There is no off-side in our summer football competition
22. The ball shall be kicked into the field from the sideline for all matches known as kick-ins. There is no throw ins.
23. A goalkeeper cannot kick or throw the ball over the halfway line on the full. If this occurs the referee will award a kick in from the junction where the ball went over the line to the opposing team
24. A goal cannot be scored from a kick-in from the sideline. It must be touched by a player prior to entering the goal.
25. All free kicks – all players must be at least 10 yards from the ball.
26. All free kicks are deemed indirect free kicks. This means the ball must be touched by another player before it enters the goal. This rule is in place to protect goal keepers from injury. If a free kick is awarded to an attacking team within 10 metres of the goal the kick must be taken back to a minimum of 10 metres from the goal.
27. No goal can be scored from inside the penalty area. This rule is in place to protect goal keepers from injury.
28. In competitive age groups from under 12 through to senior age groups, if the team cannot field a female player then that team must play with one less player.
29. In competitive age groups, if a female player scores a goal then this shall be counted as 2 goals.
30. UNIQUE SUMMER SOCCER RULES FOR WARRADALE FC – COMPETITIVE AGE GROUPS U12s – SENIORS ONLY
a. LIVE BALL SCENARIO
For a goal to count the ball has to be ‘live’. In order for the ball to be ‘live’ the ball shall be passed once successfully in opposition half without opposing player touching the ball. Once this has occurred the ball shall be deemed to remain ‘live’ and that attacking team are permitted to shoot at goal regardless of the following instances
A defending player has touched the ball and attacking player has retrieved the ball
A defending player has intercepted the ball, passed the ball to a team mate and then attacking team has then retrieved the ball and ball does not go over sideline or goal line or halfway line
A goalkeeper has kicked or touched the ball without catching the ball and ball has remained in the defending half without going over sideline or goalline or halfway line.
The ball shall be deemed ‘dead’ and attacking team will need to restart the live ball process and pass the ball at least once successfully in opposition half if the following instances occur
The ball has left opposition half and gone over the sideline or goal line
The ball has left opposition half and gone back over the halfway line into attacking teams half
Goalkeeper has caught the ball
There has been a foul committed or injury that has prevented play from continuing
The following count as a successful pass in opposing half and deemed to restart the ‘live ball’ scenario
Indirect free kick to a team mate
The following do not count as a successful pass in opposing half
A kick in from sideline due to ball leaving sideline
A corner kick to a team mate due to ball going over goal line
b. FEMALE PLAYER PARTICIPATION RULE
If a team cannot field a female player then that team must play with one less player for the duration of the match until a female player arrives to play. Females playing goalkeeper is counted as participation
c. FEMALE PLAYER GOAL SCORING RULE
If a female player scores a goal it is then counted as 2 goals
d. HANDICAP RULE
Warradale FC will provide teams a 3 goal handicap in under 12s to 16s if there is a belief that a team is disadvantaged due to age or ability. However all unique rules will still apply to both teams.
e. GOALKEEPER GOAL KICK RULE
In goal kick restarts from penalty box the goalkeeper is permitted to pass the ball to a team mate without opposition player touching the ball however the ball must be passed within their own half.
Download rules & Regulations in PDF here -